neet eligibilty

NEET Eligibility (National Eligibility and Entrance Test Eligibility)


The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) is the entrance examination conducted by CBSE for MBBS, BDS and PG Courses in India. NEET Eligibility 2022 is the eligibility criterion to write NEET exam. The candidates who want to take admission in MBBS and BDS courses must clear this test which will be held on 5th May, 2020.
The candidates need to fulfil following conditions to appear for this exam:
  1. The candidate must be an Indian Citizen
  2. The candidate must have completed 17 years of age at the time of admission
  3. The candidate must have completed 10+2 or equivalent examination from a recognized board.
 
India has 15% All India Quota seats in Government medical colleges while 85% seats are filled via State Quota. The Government of India has finalized the NEET exam as a single entrance test for all government medical colleges across India. The eligibility criteria for All India Quota seats are different from state quota seats which are filled based on state-wise merit list. Each state has different reservation policy. For example, Delhi University gives 60% reservation to Delhi students and remaining 40% seats are filled across India through all-India merit list i.e., taking into account candidates from other states too apart from Delhi. In such cases, the marks scored by candidates from other states will be combined with marks scored by Delhi students only for ranking purpose but separate merit list for them will be prepared separately at the discretion of respective state Governments/Universities. Candidates who wish to apply for government medical college should appear in either NEET or AIPMT/state level pre-medical exams like BITSAT/JEE Main etc.
 
For qualifying NEET UG, candidates have to pass both Class 12th / Intermediate and Class 13th / Pre-Medical Examination with Physics, Chemistry and Biology / Biotechnology as compulsory subjects along with English as compulsory or optional subject OR pass Class 12th / Intermediate Examination with Mathematics as a compulsory subject along with Physics and Chemistry as compulsory subjects OR pass Class 12th / Intermediate Examination with Biology as a compulsory subject along with Chemistry and Physics as compulsory subjects (all three being subjects of Biological Sciences Group) OR pass Class 12th / Intermediate Examination with Computer Science OR pass Class 12th /Intermediate Examination with either Economics or Accounts OR pass Class 12th / Inter first year course conducted by any recognized university in any discipline (including vocational courses) AND Secured minimum 50 per cent aggregate marks in these two years.


NEET NEET Eligibilty NEET Examination NEET Preparation JEE MAIN JEE MAIN Eligibilty JEE MAIN Examination JEE MAIN Preparation



Related Articles

Benefits of NEET Online Coaching Through App Over Traditional Coaching
Benefits of NEET Online Coaching Through App Over Tradi...
​Low marks in NEET 2022? Options other than MBBS you can consider
​Low marks in NEET 2022? Options other than MBBS you ...
When is the best time to start preparing for the NEET UG exam?
When is the best time to start preparing for the NEET U...




Related e-Magazine



© Copyright Fast Forward Magazine 2022 . All rights reserved. Technology Partner - JUST EXAM