The Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) are autonomous public institutes of higher education, located in India. The Institutes of Technology Act, 1961 lists twenty-three institutes (after the last amendment in 2022). As of 2017, the total number of seats in all IITs is 11,032.
The IITs have a common admission process for undergraduate admissions, the Joint Entrance Examination - Advanced
, formerly called the IIT-JEE till 2012. Widely regarded as one of the toughest entrance tests, JEE Advanced admits students according to their ranks in the exam.
To join IITs for undergraduate courses in technical education an aspirant has to qualify the following two exams:
Joint Entrance Examination (Main)
JEE Main is Joint Entrance Examination
for the students who want to pursue B.Tech/ B.E/B.Arch/ B. Planning. Central Board of Secondary Education is likely to conduct JEE Main 2022
in April. Every year lakhs of students appear in JEE Main. The examination is done in two modes; one is pen and paper based examination for the students who opt B.Tech/B.E or B.Arch/ B. Planning and a computer-based examination for B.Tech/B.E
- JEE Main 2022 Paper 1 will be for engineering aspirants. It has 90 questions on Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics. Correct answer gets +4 marks and wrong answer gets -1 mark (negative marking). Rank obtained depending upon how well you perform in JEE Main 2022 paper 1 will determine BE / B.Tech admission.
- JEE Main 2022 Paper 2 will be for architecture aspirants. It has 30 questions on Mathematics, 50 in Aptitude Test, and 2 questions of 70 marks in drawing. Paper 2 score and rank is used for B.Arch / B. Plan admission.
Important dates of JEE Main 2022
If you are preparing for engineering entrance exams 2022, then JEE Main 2022 exam date is important. Here, it is important to note that every year CBSE holds JEE Main in month of April. On first Sunday in April, JEE Main 2022 pen and paper based exam might be held. Then on next Saturday and Sunday there will be computer based exam. Make JEE Main 2022 study schedule keeping this in mind. Complete studies by February or March and focus on revision and taking mock tests in remaining days before exam.
|Start of online application form submission at jeemain.nic.in
|Last date to apply online
|Download admit card
|Date of JEE Main 2022
|Display of answer key and responses
|Declaration of JEE Main result 2022 for Paper 1
|Declaration of JEE Main result 2022 for Paper 2
JEE Mains 2022 will be an entrance exam for admission to NITs, IIITs, CFTIs. Apart from them, several other colleges will also accept JEE Main 2022 scores. On clearing JEE Main and satisfying other eligibility criteria of JEE Advanced 2022, you will be able to appear for JEE Advanced 2022
which will be for admission to IITs.
JEE Main Syllabus 2022
||Click here to get syllabus of JEE Main Mathematics
||Click here to get syllabus of JEE Main Physics
||Click here to get syllabus of JEE Main Chemistry
|Architecture Aptitude Test
||Click here to get syllabus of JEE Main Architecture Aptitude Test
Joint Entrance Examination – Advanced
The Joint Entrance Examination – Advanced (JEE – Advanced), formerly the Indian Institutes of Technology Joint Entrance Examination (IIT-JEE) is the second step to get admission into IITs. A candidate can only appears in JEE-Advanced if JEE-Main is qualified. It is used as the sole admission test by the 23 Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs)
. Other universities like the Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology, Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISERs), and the premier Indian Institute of Science also use the score obtained in JEE Advanced as the basis for admission.
The exam has a very low admission rate (about 9,369 in 479,651 in 2012;which is around 1.95%), and was thus recognised as one of the toughest examinations in the world. The current admission rate in 2017 is around 0.92% in IITs (about 11,000 out of 1,200,000 who applied for JEE Main).
In 2013 the exam, originally called the IITJEE, was renamed as JEE – Advanced, along with the AIEEE being renamed JEE - Main. From 2017, IITs will start conducting JEE internationally to give admission to international students.
JEE ADVANCED APPLICATION DETAILS
- The application procedure of JEE Advanced comprises of three steps -
- Filling registration form
- Uploading Scanned Certificates
- Paying Registration Fee
- Candidates will be required to first visit the official website of JEE Advanced and register themselves online
- Then they need to enter their JEE Main Roll Number, password and security pin and choose a new password for JEE Advanced
- Note: They shall keep this password safe as this will have to be used for all the JEE Advanced related operations.
- After creating the new password, the candidates will be redirected to a page that contains their personal and academic details from the JEE Main application.
- Here, they have to mention details like the number of attempts, exam cities, etc. A candidate has too choose 3 exam centers from the JEE Advanced exam centre list.
- Note: The test centers chosen must fall in the same IIT Zone.
- Candidates have to then select the language of question paper (Hindi or English).
- They will also have to mention whether they fall in the DS category.
- Students requiring a scribe should mention it.
- Note: Any request for change of centre or language of question paper is not entertained.
covers all the topics required to be studied by aspirants who wish to avail admissions to the IITs via the
. Students will have to study the topics as prescribed for physics, chemistry and mathematics in the syllabus for JEE Advanced 2017. Candidates looking to appear in JEE Advanced next year, need to be thorough with the
in order to understand the pattern of examination and topics to be covered in each subject.