JEE Main exam is conducted for the candidates appearing for undergraduate courses of top engineering colleges in India. This preliminary exam of India’s toughest entrance examination is conducted by NTA i.e. National Testing Agency, in a computer-based (CBT) format.
Along with all the prestigious IITs, this examination helps the students to get admission into various other reputed Engineering colleges and institutes such as NITs, CFTIs, etc.
The application filling procedure for JEE Mains has already begun from March 2022 and the last date to apply is 1st April 2022. Registration for the exam can only be done through online mode. There are various changes being implemented in the exam notification from this year onwards.
What are the major changes done by NTA?
These changes are listed below:
Changes in Exam Scheme
1. From 2022 onwards, the JEE Mains will be conducted 2 times a year. This is done so that students have increased chances of improving their scores in a short time period. This year's exam will be held in two months i.e.from April and May.
2. A candidate need not appear in all the sessions
3. However, if a candidate appears in more than one session then his/her best of the NTA scores will be considered for the preparation of Merit List/Rankings.
4. Only one application is to be submitted by the candidate for one session or more than one session or for all sessions together.
5. The application window will re-opened briefly immediately after the declaration of the result of April Sessions.
6. If any candidate could not apply for session 1 so he/she can apply for the next sessions once the portal opens after the declaration of the result.
7. A single confirmation page will be generated for all the sessions, the candidate applied for.
Changes in Exam Pattern
1. The question paper will contain 90 instead of 75 questions.
2. These questions will be divided in to two sections.
3. Section A contains 20 MCQs while section B contains 10 Numerical value filling questions.
4. Out of 10 questions of section B students will have the option to attempt any 5 questions.
5. There will be no negative marking for Section B.
6. So, out of total 90 questions asked in the paper Students will be having the choice to attempt 75 questions (all i.e.,60 questions of section A and any 15 out of 30 questions of Section B)
7. Now the JEE Mains exam will be conducted in a total of 13 different languages. Earlier the exam was held in three languages i.e. English, Hindi, and Gujarati. But now, it will be held in other 11 languages too which are - Bangla, Kannada, Marathi, Assamese, Oriya, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu, and Urdu.
UPSEE 2022 will not be held this year. In place of this, students who originally gave UPSEE will now be included in JEE Mains 2022 and will also get admission on the basis of the JEE Mains score.
Changes in Exam Fee
1. Students can apply for either one or multiple sessions together while filling the form and then pay the fees accordingly.
2. Fee paid for a particular session can be taken forward to next session provided student unable to appear in the session for which the fee was paid.
These above changes will help the students to appear for multiple sessions, select their choice of languages which opens the eligible students who can only ride and write in regional languages. They can also improve their scores and prepare well for the test.